Ever feel stuck in life? Perhaps you might feel that you have no traction in your life, that you are just spinning your wheels. Or perhaps you see negative emotions which dominate your life, and quickly react to the smallest of incidents.
In this episode of First Things, we dive into the issue of feeling stuck. I talk about one of my 5 most amazing revelations in life that has helped me unthaw frozen, stuck emotions.
Click to Listen
Stuck Show Notes
In this episode, I share on the following topics:
- What it means to be “stuck”
- Seeing your stuck emotions as “psychological knots”
- How our emotions get stuck
- Reasons we might feel like we’ve lost traction and are not going anywhere
- 8 Action Steps to unthaw frozen emotions and start moving forward with traction
- Acknowledge the areas you need work in
- Keep emotions in perspective
- Study success if you struggle with traction
- You can only think one thought at a time
- Use your imagination
- Write it down
- Give yourself permission to have wacky thoughts and feelings
- Decide you want something new and design it
Stuck Episode Resources
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium (Widescreen Edition)
- Psychologist Gemma Stone on “Getting Out of a Stuck Emotion”
- My Podcast on Unleashing the Lion in Your Brain
- My Podcast on Stinkin’ Thinkin’
- My Podcast on Multitasking
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me. Also, feel free to leave me a voicemail as well by clicking the tab on the middle right of your screen.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Have questions on being stuck? Practices that you use that work to get you unstuck? Or topics you would like to hear me cover? You can leave a comment below.