I challenge you … “double dog dare you” as we say in the good old Southern USA … to take one day this week and make a break from your technology. Will you accept my challenge?
We’re all addicted to tech. After long work days with eyes glued to glowing computer screens, dazed workers across the country depart office buildings with smart phones or iPods in hand. They return home and trade in one device for another, turning on the TV and Xbox 360, booting up a computer, or switching on their iPads. According to a survey of more than 1,200 American adults, over thirty percent of us spend more than seven hours a day on electronic screens.
Click to Listen
“Unplugging from Technology” Show Notes
In this episode, I share on the following topics:
- Being TOO dependent on technology
- Internet/technology addiction?
- What research tells us of how bad it is …
- My challenge to you!
- 8 Action Steps to Bring Balance to Technology & Take a Tech Fast
- Monitor (And Restrict) Time Spent Online
- Turn Off Pop-Ups Or Push Notifications
- Auto-Archive Emails
- Check Your Phone Intermittently
- Log Out Of Social Networking Sites
- Buy A Productivity App That Kicks You Offline
- Disconnect Facebook And Twitter From Your Mobile Device
- Get Creative With Your Time (Tech Fasting specific)
“Unplugging from Technology” Episode Resources
In this episode I mentioned several resources, including:
- 10 Online Tools for Better Attention & Focus
- Timothy Moser on Notification obsession: The itch to know everything at every moment
If you have enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe:
If you have an idea for a podcast you would like to see or a question about an upcoming episode, e-mail me. Also, feel free to leave me a voicemail as well by clicking the tab on the middle right of your screen. If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out! Thanks.
Question: Did you take my challenge? If so, tell me how it went! Good or bad!! You can leave a comment below, or leave me a voicemail by clicking on the link to the right. P.S. I have openings right now if you are looking for a mentor for your life. Please leave me a voicemail if interested.